2018 PanSIG Journal Call for Papers
All presenters at JALTPanSIG2018 are invited to submit a paper based on their presentation for publication in the 2018 PanSIGJournal. In the same way that the presentations were vetted prior to the conference, the conference papers will also be subjected to peer review. Publication in the 2018 PanSIGJournalqualifies as a refereed publication. We would therefore like to encourage all presenters to submit a paper. The deadline for submission is August 31, 2018. Please see the PanSIGJournal site for details.
PanSIG 2019 Submissions Due December 22, 2018
You are invited to take part in the 18th Japan Association for Language Teaching’s PanSIG Conference by submitting a presentation proposal relating to the particular interests of any of JALT's Special Interest Groups (SIGs). Presentations in Japanese as well as other languages are also warmly encouraged. For more information about JALT SIGs and their areas of interest, please refer to jalt.org/main/groups under the SIG listing.
Call for papers will be open October 1st, 2018 through December 22nd, 2018
Proposals must be submitted by December 22, 2018. Notifications of final acceptance of proposals will be sent via email between mid-February and early March, 2018.
Submitting a Proposal
Proposals may be submitted from October 1st, 2018 by registering to ConfTool (a link will be provided when the call for papers opens),
then providing the information below. All speakers will need to register on the ConfTool website.
- PRESENTER INFORMATION: Name, affiliation (academic institution or business), email address, telephone number for first speaker and other speakers.
- TITLE: No more than 50 characters including spaces
- FORMAT: Presentation (25 minutes, including 5 minutes of Q and A), Interactive poster session (45 Minutes including Q and A) or SIG Forum (90 Minutes).
- SHORT SUMMARY: No more than 100 words or 150 Japanese characters. This will appear in the conference handbook and also be read as part of the selection process for the conference.
- KEYWORDS: Please list 2-4 keywords to classify your presentation.
- NOTES: Please indicate any special requests you have for your presentation. (Speakers must supply their own computers and any needed adapters.)
Number of Presentations Per Person
Each person may only submit one proposal as lead presenter and may only appear in one other proposal as a co-presenter or forum participant. If a presenter is listed in more than two proposals, excess submissions may be deleted. Since the whole proposal, not simply one presenter, will be eliminated, this will result in co-presenters being eliminated as well, even if they have not exceeded the limit for proposals.