For PanSIG 2017, there are not a lot of options for meals at the venue during the conference. We have a bento (box lunch) option. Bentos need to be pre-ordered at pre-registration time. The bentos will be available from 11:30 am onwards, but should be collected before 1.30 pm. Any not collected will be sold to other people (or otherwise disposed of) after that time. Conference attendees who have ordered a bento will be asked to show identification (in the form of a marked conference name tag or other ID), and their names will be checked off against the bento list. No name, no food!
People not pre-ordering food should make their own meal arrangements. There are some facilities available on and near campus, but range and availability may be limited. These options are listed beneath the bento information below.
|Vegetarian Lunch||Non-Vegetarian Lunch|
The listed ingredients above are examples of what can be offered. There may be some seasonal variation in the obento that are actually provided. However, vegetarian obento will still be vegetarian obento. If you have allergies or very particular preferences, it is recommended that you make your own arrangements for food. AIU and PanSIG accept no responsibility for the bento lunches themselves. Obento will not be 'custom designed' for specific individuals. Purchasers will take full responsibility for their purchase, on the understanding that organisers have done their best to accommodate preferences as indicated during pre-registration, but the final choice of ingredients is that of the manufacturer.
Other (Limited) Options
- There is a cafeteria on site (see the AIU cafeteria web page) but we recommend that conference attendees not expect to use the AIU cafeteria, since the staff there will not have made arrangements for a sudden influx of unexpected customers.
- There is also a Aeon Mall nearby, about 15 minutes by bus. However, there's only one bus an hour (see the bus schedule). The Aeon Mall has 28 shops serving some kind of food, from buffet-style to KFC and subway (shop list in Japanese)
- There are two small restaurants (at a cycling station and golf course) nearby. The cycling station is within walking distance (about three-to-five minute walk) and does quite good lunch sets, though the space is quite small. The golf course would require a car to get to.
- There's also the 'Krypton Hotel', next door to campus, which has a reasonable lunch/dinner menu. It is about 10 minutes on foot from AIU.
- The convenience store near the graduate housing complex is very basic, and privately owned, so it does not provide an adequate range of food options for take-out lunch. Being small, it would probably sell out of stock quickly, too.