For PanSIG 2017, there are not a lot of options for meals at the venue during the conference. We have a bento (box lunch) option. Bentos need to be pre-ordered at pre-registration time. The bentos will be available from 11:30 am onwards, but should be collected before 1.30 pm. Any not collected will be sold to other people (or otherwise disposed of) after that time. People not pre-ordering food should make their own meal arrangements. There are some facilities available on and near campus, but range and availability may be limited. These options are listed beneath the bento information below.
|Vegetarian Lunch||Non-Vegetarian Lunch|
- There is a cafeteria on site serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner. More info is available on the AIU cafeteria web page.
- There is also a Aeon Mall nearby, about 15 minutes by bus. However, there's only one bus an hour (see the bus schedule). The Aeon Mall has 28 shops serving some kind of food, from buffet-style to KFC and subway (shop list in Japanese)
- There are two small restaurants (at a cycling station and golf course) nearby. The cycling station is within walking distance (about three-to-five minute walk) and does quite good lunch sets, though the space is quite small. The golf course would require a car to get to.
- There's also the 'Krypton Hotel', next door to campus, which has a reasonable lunch/dinner menu. It is about 10 minutes on foot from AIU.
- The convenience store near the graduate housing complex is very basic, and privately owned, so it does not provide an adequate range of food options for take-out lunch. Being small, it would probably sell out of stock quickly, too.