Access PanSIG 2023
- Please see Kyoto Sangyo University's "Access" page.
- KSU on Google Map.
How to get to the KSU campus
→ Download a transportation map to KSU (PDF)
→ Japanese version of transportation map（PDF、日本語）
The university campus is in the north part of the city. DON’T go to the satellite campus near Kyoto Station. That is where the affiliated high school is located.
There are multiple ways to reach the campus by public transportation. The Karasuma subway line runs north-south through the center of Kyoto City.
- Recommended Route: From Kyoto Station take the subway (Karasuma line) all the way to the last station Kokusaikaikan (International Conference Center). About 20 minutes. From there take the #40 bus direct to the campus (¥230). The bust stop is the furthest one from the station exit 4-1. Or a taxi (there is a taxi rank outside the station), about 10 minutes.
(We recommend this route because we have arranged for extra #40 buses to run to and from Kokusaikaikan on the mornings and afternoons/evenings of the conference.)
- From Kitaoji Station on the Karasuma subway line there is the 北3 bus that leaves from the underground bus station and goes to the KSU campus (¥230). About 20 minutes.
- The Hankyu train line that approaches Kyoto from Umeda, Osaka on the west side of the city joins the Karasuma subway line at Karasuma Station. You can take the subway north to Kokusaikaikan from there.
- From Demachiyanagi Station (the final station on the Keihan Line that approaches Kyoto from Osaka and Shiga on the east side) you can take a bus directly to the KSU campus (about 30 minutes).
- Also from Demachiyanagi Station, you can take the Eizan train to Nikenchaya Station (¥350, 15 minutes) and take the free university shuttle bus to the campus from the station (not available Saturday afternoon or Sunday). It takes only 15 minutes to walk to the campus from the station.
- There is a free university shuttle bus service on Saturday morning to the campus from the Kamigamo Shrine bus terminal. This is a 15-minute walk from the Kitayama subway station.
We recommend you use the #40 bus from and to Kokusaikaikan because we have arranged for extra buses to run on the mornings and afternoons/evenings of the conference. You will need to walk to Nikenchaya Station to reach the Eizan and Keihan Lines on Saturday afternoon and Sunday. The 北3 bus will be running according to its regular weekend schedule.