PanSIG is an annual conference sponsored and organized by many of the Special Interest Groups (SIGs) of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (JALT). You do not have to be a JALT member to attend, but JALT members pay less in registration fees than non-members.
PanSIG 2023 Key dates:
- Conference: May 12 to 14, 2023 at Kyoto Sangyo University
- Call for Presentation Proposals (CFP) Opens: Tuesday, Nov. 15, 2022
- CFP deadline: Sunday, Jan. 15, 2023, at 11:59 pm JST
- Conference research grants submission deadline: October 31st
- Conference grants submission deadline: January 20th
- Early bird registration deadline: TBA
The theme for PanSIG2023 is "Looking forward". The underlying goal of the conference is to establish and foster connections between people and with other conference themes: PanSIG 2022’s theme of (re)imagining education and the upcoming 2025 World Expo in Osaka with its theme of "Designing Future Society for Our Lives." Based on what we have learned through the experiences of recent years, we feel it is time to look forward and focus on what lies ahead, both in terms of expectations and planning.
What will the new classroom look like for students from kindergarten to higher education? How can we prepare teachers to design lessons that can foster creativity and critical thinking? While the connections with topics such as teacher development and training, 21st-century skills, CALL, and VR/AR seem apparent, this conference run by the 30 SIGs in JALT is the ideal venue to present new research and demonstrate through practical workshops innovative teaching strategies and practices that have been tried and tested in the classroom.