PanSIG 2022 will be held at the University of Nagano, Nagano Prefecture on the weekend of July 8-10, 2022. The call for presentation proposals is now closed.
You are invited to take part in the 21st Japan Association for Language Teaching's PanSIG Conference by submitting a presentation proposal relating to the particular interests of any of JALT's Special Interest Groups (SIGs). Presentations in Japanese, English, as well as other languages, are warmly welcomed. For more information about JALT SIGs and their areas of interest, please refer to https://jalt.org/main/groups under the SIG listing. General information about the conference can be found here: https://pansig.org/.
Open October 10th~January 10th (extended deadline)
The Call for Proposals (CfP) will open from October 10th. Proposals must be submitted by
December 20th, 2021 January 10th, 2022. Notifications of final acceptance of proposals will be sent via email between the end of January and mid-February, 2022.
Submitting a Proposal
Proposals may be submitted from October 10th, 2021 by registering here: https://pansig2022.edzil.la then providing the information below. All speakers will need to join the edzil.la website. If you already have an account from joining other edzil.la (previously eventzil.la) events, you may use that same one for PanSIG 2022. If you need help, we've created a video about how to submit your proposal.
- PRESENTER INFORMATION: Name, affiliation (academic institution or business), email address, telephone number for first speaker and other speakers.
- TITLE: No more than 75 characters including spaces.
- FORMAT: Vetted presentation (25 minutes), Vetted interactive poster session (40 Minutes including Q and A), or Unvetted SIG Forum (85 Minutes).
- ABSTRACT: No more than 200 words or 400 Japanese characters. This will be used for vetting in the selection process as well as appearing in the conference handbook.. Submissions that have fewer than 150 words may be declined for acceptance.
- KEYWORDS: Please list 2-4 keywords to classify your presentation.
- NOTES: Please indicate any special requests you have for your presentation. (Speakers must supply their own digital devices and any needed adapters.)
Number of Presentations Per Person
Each person may only submit one proposal as lead presenter and may only appear in one other proposal as a co-presenter or forum participant. If a presenter is listed in more than two proposals, excess submissions will be deleted. Since the whole proposal, not simply one presenter, will be eliminated, this will result in co-presenters being eliminated as well, even if they have not exceeded the limit for proposals.