The Call for Submissions for PanSIG 2022 is expected to be online in late September or early October, 2021.
Call for Submissions (PanSIG 2021)
You are invited to take part in the 20th Japan Association for Language Teaching's PanSIG Conference by submitting a presentation proposal relating to the particular interests of any of JALT's Special Interest Groups (SIGs) or the conference theme: "Local and Global Perspectives: Plurilingualism and Multilingualism". Presentations in Japanese as well as other languages are also warmly encouraged. For more information about JALT SIGs and their areas of interest, please refer to jalt.org/main/groups under the SIG listing.
Proposals must be submitted by
January 25th February 1st, 2021. Notifications of final acceptance of proposals will be sent via email between mid-February and early March, 2021.
Submitting a Proposal
After December 15th, submissions will be possible through pansig2021.eventzil.la. Please note that your co-presenters will also have to create their own accounts. You will be able to add co-presenters to the proposal later.
- PRESENTER INFORMATION: Name, affiliation (academic institution or business), email address, telephone number for first speaker and other speakers.
- TITLE: No more than 50 characters including spaces.
- TYPE: Choose the SIG which is closest to your presentation.
- FORMAT: Short Presentation (25 minutes), Presentation (40 minutes), Interactive poster session (40 minutes including Q and A), SIG Forum (90 minutes), or pre-recorded video presentation (up to 40 minutes video, with 40 minutes Q and A).
- ABSTRACT: No more than 200 words or 300 Japanese characters. This will appear in the conference handbook and also be read as part of the selection process for the conference.
- KEYWORDS: Please list 2-4 keywords to classify your presentation.
- ATTENDANCE: We hope to hold a hybrid conference with online sessions and live sessions at Nihon University in Mishima, Shizuoka. Availability of the venue has not yet been confirmed. How would you like to attend? Online only, live presentation if possible, live only (not attend if online).
- NOTES: Please indicate any special requests you have for your presentation. (Speakers must supply their own computers and any needed adapters.)
Number of Presentations Per Person
Each person may only submit one proposal as lead presenter and may only appear in one other proposal as a co-presenter or forum participant. If a presenter is listed in more than two proposals, excess submissions may be deleted. Since the whole proposal, not simply one presenter, will be eliminated, this will result in co-presenters being eliminated as well, even if they have not exceeded the limit for proposals.